Information when staying with us
Booking Terms & Conditions
Cancellation policy -Please note that we will refund your cancelled booking (minus £25 admin charge) if you cancel 28 days before your arrival. Late cancellations will not qualify for a full refund unless we are able to resell the room. Alternatively, we may be able to hold your booking providing you stay with us within the next 6 months (please be aware room rates may change depending on season).
- All bookings must be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit (25% of the total cottage rental cost).
- The balance is due 28 days before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made less than 28 days before the start of the holiday, the full amount is due immediately. If you fail to pay the balance on the due date, we may have to cancel your booking.
- When you book, you accept responsibility for the full cost of the holiday, even if you are prevented from coming due to unforeseen circumstances.
- If guests choose to leave earlier than their original leaving date or have left the property without informing us in advance, the booking contract still stands to the original booking period and no refund would be given unless agreed in advance with the management.
- If you will be arriving late for any reason please inform us as soon as possible. If you do not turn up or contact us by midday the day after your arrival your booking will be cancelled.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance. Please let us know straight away if you must cancel your booking so that we can release the property for re-letting. If we can re-let the property, we will only retain your deposit to cover costs. If we can’t re-let, you will be liable to pay the whole balance due.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking or cancel any bookings already made (subject to refunding any money you’ve paid) without further liability on our behalf.
- Check in time is from 3pm on the day of arrival and Check out time is by 10am on the day of departure. – if arriving before then feel free to have a rest in our tearooms or have a wander around our 30 acres of gardens. Please also let us know if you will be arriving after 5pm. Early Check in and late check out can be pre arranged at £10 per hour subject to availability.
- Extra guests will be allowed to stay at £25 per night, and we welcome all of our guests to bring their pets along at £25 per stay.
- Payments: You can pay the deposit or balance for your holiday by, debit card or bank transfer. Please note we do not currently accept American express
- We can only hold provisional bookings for 24 hours.
- All our cottages are non-smoking.
- Electricity is included in the rent, as is central heating where provided. Bed linen is supplied but please note that linen/bedding for cots is not provided. There is an inventory in every cottage and fire safety instructions.
- Pets are only permitted in properties by prior arrangement and payment. They must not be left in the cottage unattended or allowed on furniture or beds. No puppies under 1 year old.
- In booking you agree:
- To pay for any losses or damage to the property
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the property is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Not to part with possession of the property or share it with people not listed on the booking form
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description
- To permit the owners or their agents’ reasonable access to the property
- Complaints – We try to ensure our cottages are prepared and presented to the highest standard so our guests will enjoy their holidays here. If there is anything missing, a problem or cause for complaint please let us know immediately and every effort will be made to assist you. It is frustrating for all parties if you write after your holiday about a problem we could have solved at the time. Thank you.
For Membership/Annual Pass holders
- Free return when the garden is open to public as a Tourist Attraction for a year including times we choose to close for infrastructure maintenance, bad Weather and any unforeseeable circumstances.
- To all visitors: Dogs must be on short lead, The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person whom behave in a unkind, anti-social way without any refund.